What can I claim public liability compensation for?


You can claim public liability compensation for a variety of things, including if you were injured in a shopping centre, supermarket, hotel, café, theme park, entertainment venue, footpaths, rental properties, schools, and community areas like playgrounds.

You can also make a public liability claim over other incidents like assaults, dog bites and injuries inside someone else’s home.

However, whether you’re eligible to claim depends on the circumstances of the incident and the seriousness of the injury. Read more about public liability claims here.

Last updated:
February 22, 2024

Disclaimer: This information is designed for general information in relation to Queensland compensation law. It does not constitute legal advice. We strongly recommend you seek legal advice in regards to your specific situation. For help understanding your rights, please call 1800 960 482 or request a free case review to talk to one of our lawyers today.

Back to knowledge Base

If it's time to talk, we're here to help. Get free advice direct from our solicitors today.

Our company and team are members of