What do I do if I’m injured in a hit and run?


In the instance the driver or owner of the car at fault can’t be identified, you can make a claim against the CTP’s Nominal Defendant.

But if they are identified, they may be personally liable for damages or injuries incurred.

Generally, no insurance will be available to them if they’re involved in an illegal act, which can make recovering the funds from the driver difficult if they have no financial assets.

Last updated:
February 22, 2024

Disclaimer: This information is designed for general information in relation to Queensland compensation law. It does not constitute legal advice. We strongly recommend you seek legal advice in regards to your specific situation. For help understanding your rights, please call 1800 960 482 or request a free case review to talk to one of our lawyers today.

Back to knowledge Base

If it's time to talk, we're here to help. Get free advice direct from our solicitors today.

Our company and team are members of