Cars. They take us from place to place daily, keep our family safe and even give us ‘street cred’ depending on which one we choose. And how do we repay them? We tempt fate by seeing how little fuel we can run on, forget to service them and even give them ridiculous modifications which probably leave them wishing they’d been sold for parts.
Then there is next level unkindness - the DIY car repair!
In the spirit of the silly season we’ve compiled 18 of the worst (or best?) DIY car repair fails that will leave you cringing, crying and maybe even wishing you’d thought of it first.
1. We bet this driver is hoping no one con-ducts a road worthy
2. And you wood-n't want to rear end this driver
3. Nothing to see here...
4. ...literally nothing to see here
5. Not sure the kids would be fighting over this window seat
6. Waving and wiping - multitasking at it's finest!
7. We give this car owner 10/10 creativity - 1/10 usability
8. Which is more than this owner deserves for their 'light bulb' moment
9. This owner definitely NAILED IT!
10. And there is certainly no pro to this air con
11. A medicine bottle is never a remedy for a smashed light
12. And a regular bottle isn't either
13. Ever wanted to see the opposite of pimping your ride? Here it is
14. Or what the Frankenstein of the car world looks like? Right here
15. 100% of people would (s)wipe left on this car
16. And 0% would invest in this genius fuel cap
17. Please don't copy this sheet house replacement
18. Instead reduce, reuse, recycle your car door
Tell us your DIY car repair fails by confessing in the comments below!
Social Media and Content Marketing Specialist at Smith's Lawyers