Are personal injury compensation payments taxable?


Lump sum personal injury payments in Queensland are not taxable.

However, when a person is eligible for a WorkCover payment they will receive a regular payment which stands in place of their wage or salary for the time they’re injured.

In this case, the regular workers' compensation payments are taxable as it stands in the place of a regular wage.

Read everything you need to know about workers' compensation and tax here.

Last updated:
February 22, 2024

Disclaimer: This information is designed for general information in relation to Queensland compensation law. It does not constitute legal advice. We strongly recommend you seek legal advice in regards to your specific situation. For help understanding your rights, please call 1800 960 482 or request a free case review to talk to one of our lawyers today.

Back to knowledge Base

If it's time to talk, we're here to help. Get free advice direct from our solicitors today.

Our company and team are members of