I’m under 18. Can I claim compensation if I’m injured?

If you’re injured in any circumstances and you’re under the age of 18, you can’t serve the other party with a Notice of Claim until you are.

That is because the relevant statutory time limit commences when a person turns 18.

However, a parent or guardian may commence an action on behalf of a minor before they turn 18.

Disclaimer: This information is designed for general information in relation to Queensland compensation law. It does not constitute legal advice. We strongly recommend you seek legal advice in regards to your specific situation. For help understanding your rights, please call 1800 960 482 or chat via live chat to talk to one of our Lawyers today.

Back to knowledge Base

If it's time to talk, we're here to help. Get free advice direct from our solicitors today.

Our company and team are members of