What do I do if I’m injured on public transport?

If you’re injured as a result of a crash, collision or other accident while on public transport including busses, trains and ferries, you will be able to claim compensation if it resulted from someone else’s negligence.

In Queensland, passengers injured in any road accident can claim compensation from the at-fault driver under the CTP insurance scheme.

There are certain steps you should take immediately following the incident to ensure you can make a claim for compensation, including:

  • Get the details of the drivers involved and the name of their CTP insurer;
  • Get the registration details of the public transport vehicle and others involved;
  • Report the accident to the police;
  • Seek appropriate medical attention for your injuries; and
  • If needed, make a CTP claim or speak to a lawyer.

Read more practical tips on what to do after a road accident here.

Disclaimer: This information is designed for general information in relation to Queensland compensation law. It does not constitute legal advice. We strongly recommend you seek legal advice in regards to your specific situation. For help understanding your rights, please call 1800 960 482 or chat via live chat to talk to one of our Lawyers today.

Back to knowledge Base

If it's time to talk, we're here to help. Get free advice direct from our solicitors today.

Our company and team are members of