Smith’s Lawyers are a renowned Queensland law firm specialising in personal injury claims for more than 15 years. With locations based in Brisbane and the Gold Coast and more on the horizon, Smith’s Lawyers are looking for the next generation of talent who will lead the way in plaintiff litigation for years to come.
The Smith’s Lawyers Scholarship is offered to high achieving students studying Law in Queensland who are driven to succeed above and beyond expectations. The most recent scholarship has been awarded. We hope to offer a new scholarship later in 2016.
What will the Smith’s Lawyers Scholarship provide?
- $2000 scholarship funds to help pay for study-related expenses such as textbooks or help supplement income from a part time job that other students would normally earn.
- The awarded applicant will also receive an internship position of up to 12 weeks (or in accordance with the winner’s University’s regulations) at Smith’s Lawyers on the Gold Coast.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be:
- A current student at an Australian tertiary education institution
- Studying Law at an institution based in Queensland
- Able to demonstrate high academic achievement
- Able to demonstrate personal, health or financial hardship
How do I apply?
To apply for the scholarship, students must:
- Supply a letter of recommendation from a lecturer, tutor or course co-ordinator OR Provide recent results of summative assessment or an up-to-date copy of their student transcript
- Submit a ONE page document explaining why they should receive the scholarship and how it would help them advance their studies and career aspirations in Law. Any personal hardships disadvantaging the student from their studies should be clarified here.
The closing date for the Smith’s Lawyers scholarship was 30th March 2014. Any late applicants will not be considered.